It's the start of a new year and I'm planning on working hard for a new me. Not really a new me, but the me that is hidden under layers of yuck. It's time to lose the yuck and find the me that God intended me to be.
The fall of 2011 I went through a Bible Study call Made to Crave, God not food. It was life changing for me. Have you ever thought about the fact that the first temptation for women in the Bible was over food? Genesis 3 : 6 "When the woman saw the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate." God's word tells us in 1 John 2: 15- 16 "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world -- the craving of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does-- comes not from the Father but from the World." It really made me realize how not being fit and healthy was keeping me from serving God. I made some changes last year. I started menu planning. If I'm going to stay on track I need a plan. Really the work is in the plan, once you have a plan it makes life much easier. I started exercising. In the beginning I walked a couple of miles 3 days a week. I didn't see any changes. In May I saw a deal on Living Social for a one month boot camp. I talked a couple of friends into joining me at 5am 3 days a week. It was amazing! I didn't lose a single pound that whole month but I felt so much better. It was so rewarding to be able to say at 6am, check, workout done. So one the one month boot camp was over we decided to keep it up. We met at a local park three mornings a week and each one of us would take a day leading the workouts. It was easy, there are tons of workouts on-line. I also started doing a little running, I'm not a runner. I found an app for my phone called C25K, it stands for Couch to 5K. I started using it in about September, by the middle of October I ran 2 miles. So at the end of 2012 I find myself about 15 lbs lighter and one dress size smaller. Yeah! But I still have a lot of work to do.
My Fitness Goals for the New Year:
- I want to be able to run a 5k (3.1 miles) by the beginning of summer. I'm starting the C25K program again, I quit went it got cold.
- I want to lose another 15 lb by March, I'm hoping to be able to wear my wedding rings again by then as well. I can get it on now but it's still too tight.
- I'm going to continue working out with my friend Melissa (and anyone else who wants to join us at 5:30 am) 3 days a week doing fitnessblenders.com 8 week program. They are great free workouts.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Menu plan- I'm trying to move to a cleaning eating plan, but I get some rebellion from the guys in my life.
Over the past two years I've felt let to move into Women's Ministry. I've done some training to teach Kay Arthur's precept upon precept Bible Studies. I'm taking the leap! Starting this next semester I will be leading a Wednesday evening ladies Bible study called "Lord, Where are you when bad things happen." It is a study of Habakkuk. I'm nervous and excited all wrapped up in one. I know that of my self I can't do it but God is faithful and he can use me to bring about great things. I have a passion for God's word and I want to share that with others. God has given us all we need to know in his Word but we are to lazy, or wrapped up in ourselves to even take the time exploring His amazing instructions.
My Spiritual Goals for the New Year:
- Spend at least an hour a day studying God's Word.
- Fast one day a month--
- Pray for others before myself
- Start my prayer journal back up
We'll I guess that's it for now. I think I'm going to post my daily workouts and Menu plans as well.
Wednesday January 2nd workout - fitness blender #34- butt and thigh workout & pyramid Hitt workout plus walked half mile.



No comments:
Post a Comment